Sunday, July 16, 2006

Granada!

Hey all! First off, I have sad news. My camera broke, so I won't be able to post any more pictures as I am having to use crappy and expensive throw-away camaras. Something with the lense broke and it won't let me take pictures at all. I called Canon and they said I would have to send it to them so they could fix it. sighh...Oh well.
Last weekend I went with few other students to Granada. It is a really really beautiful city full of cathedrals and old beautiful buildings just covered in amazing carvings etc. We visited the Alhambra, which is a HUGE palace. It had fountains and gardens all over it and it was situated above the city so when you got up on the walls you could look out and see everything.
Our hostel was probably the most interesting part of the whole trip. We reserved it ahead of time online (not realizing how easy it is to get a hostel inside the city). It took us forever to find it because it was kind of outside the city near the Alhambra. So by the time we found it we were all hot, tired and grouchy. We had reserved a 5 person suite, but we actually had 6 people. We walked into the room and all just burst out laughing, because "suite" was about as far away from correct as you could get, because all it was, was a single room with 3 single beds and one double bed. There wasn't even enoough space between them to walk. Also it was the dirtiest most disgusting place ever! There were ants on the floor (and some other creepy crawly things that I couldn't identify). A couple of us found hair in between the sheets of our beds, etc etc etc. Not to mention the owners were about as sketchy as you can get! The hostely did have a pool though, which was nice, although we were all a little scared of getting in the water for fear of catching some unknown disease! But we made it through and had a pretty good time of it as well.
I am now back in Ronda, sitting in front of the bar El choque which has wireless internet (even though it is closed I still get signal)! It is a gorgeous night and I think I will head over to some cafe after this so I can do the homework I have put off all weekend!
I miss you all!
Love Willow

No comments: