Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Marrowbone Fun Times!











Hi all! Well I wasn't allowed to take pictures during Marrowbone - but I did take a few after the walk and when Sandy and I were out and about. The pics that I've posted are all out of order - so hopefully you can sort them out yourself! :) Anyway, this was all last Sat when we went to the storytelling festival called Marrowbone in Bristol, VT, spent a few hours looking around the lovely little town of Bristol and just had a great Fall outing in Vermont! In the morning on our way to the festival we went to the Red Hen Bakery which was right on our way and Sandy and I split one of their absolutely divine raisin sticky buns! We got into Bristol around 10:30am and had a nice time looking around at the fun shops and picking up some coffee for me at the local cafe! Bristol is such a beautiful little town - maybe some day we'll move down there! There was also a few shops that caught my eye - one of which was the FolkHeart (kind of a hippy type store inside, I'm not really interested in that sort of thing anymore, but I thought the outside of the shop was awesome!!), also there was a little consignment shop that I thought had a nice little sign (didn't get to go in - maybe sometime with the girls!). While Sandy and I were strolling through the quaint little side streets of Bristol we came across the biggest Gingko tree I had ever seen! It was beautiful and I took a picture of one of its leaves. At Marrowbone the guides had these beautiful staffs with little bells and flowers on them that they would ring when it was time to move along through the woods, also at the end of the storytelling tour there were lots of little art/nature displays - like this one that was a lot of little bits of writing/poetry on little bits of paper rolled up and tied to wire hanging from a tree. Very artsy and beautiful, more peaceful really. Also I stuck in a pic of the Williamsburg Cream Cheese Apple Torte that I made last week - it turned out so pretty (see the little apple star in the middle?)! And lastly Sandy and I ate at the BobCat Cafe in Bristol (incredible food! Was featured in Vermont Life Magazine) and as we were driving home through Lincoln Gap we took a picture of the fading color of the mountains. Obviously we had a great weekend!
Anyway, so today and yesterday I've been madly driving around taking postcards, which finally came, around to as many places as possible for my gallery open house this sat! Yikes! I have dance tonight, so I guess I better to a little class-prep in. Love you all soooooooo much! The Fall poster was BEAUTIFUL Bet!!!! Can't wait to see you and Tim again, good luck on the Mosaic thing this Friday! And I can't WAIT to see everyone in ONE WEEK up here in Vermont!!!! YIPPY!!!! I'm going to get down there really early on Tues to Manchester - maybe I'll wake you up! Ha ha, just kidding - but I'll be there for breakfast! Love you all soooooo much! Katie

No comments: