Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Nutcracker backdrop continued

Every studio has their mascot - this is Ginger! Sweet dog who knew to walk "around" the drops. There was also a studio cat, Winnie - as all bad cats do, she tiptoed across the drop soon after I had applied some paint! That's one of my test canvases behind Ginger.
This picture was taken soon after I had started work on the prairie portion - which didn't happen until Thursday around 4 pm. Wednesday night was the crises point when I really didn't know if I'd finish by the time I had to catch the Saturday 6 am flight home. But the sky took the longest and once I was done with that, we knew I'd finish.
Another view of my paint mixing table.
That's Rachel, the owner of the studio, waving before she heads into her office for paperwork. She was at the studio every day from 8 am to usually 11 pm.
I cut up some old mop tools to create a stenciling effect for the prairie grasses.

No comments: