Wednesday, September 26, 2007

New York

Here's the big farmhouse where I ate and slept - gratefully after full full 16-18 days working in the studio.
Here is the drop after Stephanie (full time help at Cobalt) and I applied the sizing coat of elmer's glue and water. As this coat dries, all the wrinkles in the drop disappear like magic and the surface is taut like a drum. 4 fans were placed at "bridges" to help the drop dry with air flow going underneath the drop.
The paint mixing room where I spent the majority of time - getting the colors to match the design, then mixing the paint to match the color formulation.
The sink and I became intimately acquainted after the hours I spent there too washing out brush after brush, paint stirrers, strainers, and mixing containers.
Here is the drop after I have about 1/2 the sky paint applied and I have cartooned off the bottom prairie section so as not to get overspray.

No comments: