Sunday, August 27, 2006

921 Kearney....

Hey all! sorry for not posting in foreverrr! I have been really wrapped up in learning how to live in a house that is full of...hmm...how do we say this politically...issues. The first or second night I was here we had a huge rainstorm and woke to find we had three massive leaks in the basement. The trash company didn't bring us a dumpster until just a couple days ago, almost THREE weeks after we signed up with them. They kept saying they were soo busy and running soo behind (obviously, although I really don't think dropping off dumpsters is something you can get 3 weeks behind on...) We had to keep all our trash in the house. It was not pleasant. Oh well. We are also waiting on our landlord to drop of paints so that we can paint our living room which is absolutely disgusting, because the walls are stained with "I don't want to know" and the people who lived here tried to paint over some stuff but didn't use the right shade of white, so they are all splotchy. And, we are waiting on our landlord to get our backdoor fixed, which doesn't lock! Yikes!
Anyway, those are just the major things in our house, there are all sorts of little surprises that we discover each day. It's such an adventure living in a student house!
I started school last monday and I am almost ready for a break already! Classes are good, although none that I am really really excited about, but none that I am going to hate either. This tuesday I am going to audition to get into a modern class. Finally I am going to be dancing again!
Bet, to answer your sweet questions: the last person I talked to on the phone was Papa, which was really nice because I hadn't talked to him in a long time.
My favorite vegetable is...hmmm...this is a difficult one, I really like corn especially roasted, although the fried okra is definetly high on the list as well, as is steamed squash and mashed potatoes...I'm not so sure which one takes the cake here.
I would definetly choose the sahara. I despise being cold as well, but I agree with mom, what awful choices! How about the rain forest!
Well, I am off to do some cleaing and some homework before I head off to Applebees for my last day of training! Yay!
Love you all!
Willow

No comments: